Herbert Birdsfoot was introduced on Sesame Street in Season 2 as a lecturer, usually with Grover as his assistant. He was the brief replacement for Kermit the Frog in his lecturing job on the street. With Kermit's return later that season, the character was quietly phased out by 1974. He then made one of his last appearences in "The Muppet Movie" during the finale.
- The Official Sesame Street 2 Book-and-Record Album (1971), "High, Middle, Low"
- The Muppet Alphabet Album (1971), "Herbert's Silly Poem" and "The Tale of Tom Tattertall Tuttletut"
- Havin' Fun with Ernie & Bert (1972), "The Magic Cookie" and "Pat Pat Patty Pat"
- Bert's Blockbusters (1974), "Pat Pat Patty Pat"
- Big Bird Sings! (1974), "Big Bird Writes a Poem"
- C is for Cookie (1974), "The Magic Cookie" and "The Monster's Three Wishes"
- Let a Frown Be Your Umbrella (1974), "The Monster's Three Wishes"
- Letters ...and Numbers, Too! (1975), "Herbert's Silly Poem"
- Ernie and Bert's Greatest Hits (1996), "High, Middle, Low" (Note: This release is only credited to Ernie and Bert, but Herbert sings the high part.)
- The Sesame Street Storybook (1971)
- The Sesame Street ABC Storybook (1974)
- The Sesame Street Dictionary (1980)
- A Day in the Life of Oscar the Grouch (1981)
- Put & Play Magic Show (1981)