McDonalds is a fast food chain that sells Burgers, French Fries and Shakes. The first McDonalds opened in 1940 built by the McDonalds Brothers Dick and Mac. In 1954 Ray Croc bought the company from the McDonald's Brothers and made his first McDonalds in 1955 near Chicago. McDonalds has released numerous Muppet Happy Meal toys. McDonalds has sold more than a billion hamburgers since the opening of the franchise.
Some History of the Company
- 1940 - The First McDonalds was built by the McDonalds Brothers.
- 1954 - Ray Croc became the first franchisee appointed by Mac and Dick McDonald in California.
- 1955 - Ray Kroc opened his first restaurant in Illinois and the McDonald's Corporation was created.
- 1957 - Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value (Q.S.C. & V.) became the company motto.
- 1959 - The 100th McDonald's opened in Chicago.
- 1961 - Ray Kroc bought all rights to the McDonald's concept from the McDonald's brothers.
- Hamburger University opened in Elk Grove, near Chicago.
- 1963 - One billion hamburgers were sold.
- The 500th restaurant opened.
- The 500th student graduates from Hamburger University.
- Ronald McDonald made his debut.
- McDonald's net income exceeded $1 million.
- 1964 - Filet-o-Fish sandwich introduced.
- 1965 - McDonald's Corporation went public.
- 1966 - McDonald's listed on the New York stock exchange on the 7th May.