Michael Schupbach has worked as a puppet builder and designer on Bear in the Big Blue House and Sesame Street. Beginning his Muppet career as an assistant during the first season of Bear in the Big Blue House, Schupbach soon moved to Sesame Street, where he became on-set puppet supervisor, a member of the New York Muppet Workshop, and an occasional background Muppeteer.
He is one of the co-creators of Johnny and the Sprites, as well as it's lead character designer.
He is also a co-founder of The Puppet Kitchen, a full service puppet shop in Manhattan's East Village.
More info at:
- Bear in the Big Blue House: Built Grandma Flutter
- Sesame Street: Designed and built several puppets along with Elmo's World characters, including alternate Elmo puppets, talking Bell, and talking Yoyo puppets. Also built some of the Anything Muppets.
- The West Wing: Designed and built West Wing Doctor
- Avenue Q: Built for the Off-Broadway, Broadway, Vegas, and London productions, as well as several Avenue Q themed gifts and charity items.
- Johnny and the Sprites: Co-creator, character and set designer.
- Greg the Bunny: Built the Wumpus for Independent Film Channel airings.